Cross-Cultural Design Localization Training
Course Description: Localizing user experience to meet the unique needs of different locales requires a localization + UX approach. This Cross-Cultural Design Localization Training gets to the heart of designing for users across cultures. First, we look at cross-cultural design challenges and how to bring UX maturity to localization efforts. In designing across cultures, we aim to bring a cultural sensitivity to design choices. Second, we tackle the challenges of culture and how to design for varied audiences. Getting the mechanics of cultural differences right is critical for Localization UX; this training gives you the tools to do this.
- Identify your cultural fit strategy: Identify how to connect with cultural aspects of your Localization UX. Learn how to tailor experiences to diverse cultural landscapes.
- Translation and transcreation: Learn about translation and transcreation and how to bridge linguistic gaps while preserving the essence of cultural nuances.
- Designing for cross-cultural success: Understand the complexities of cross-cultural design while meeting the unique needs of diverse locales. Improve your design choices by detecting cultural sensitivities and providing equitable experiences.
- Global user adoption: Learn to mitigate user adoption risks across locales, using global personas and global user testing (online and in-person).
- Agile localization: Meet localization challenges using Agile UX strategies to enhance the efficiency of collaboration between translation, product, and UX team deliverables.
Course Format: The course combines hands-on workshops, group discussions, and experimenting with cross-cultural design challenges. Participants will engage in practical exercises that simulate real-world scenarios.