The Secret to Discovering Your Users Needs- beyond Requirements and into Desirability
Request this training now: Book this Bootcamp
Many organizations gather requirements inside a box. The box is your business decisions that assume you know what users want. But do you, really?
Understanding user needs is perhaps THE most important aspect of any user experience effort. Why? Because what users want and need trumps whether they can use it easily. If a design is missing compelling features, helpful functionality and engaging content-- users will simply turn away. Worse MVP's can lead you down the garden path, wasting time and hurting user adoption. This 2 part (4 hour) webinar will give you practical and hands on tools to start conducting your user research, aka Field Studies.
Learn how to conduct a field study, analyze users and tasks, develop personas and journey maps, all without getting bad data. You will get practical tips for rapid use in your job.
1. Field studies: What are they? What is their value? How long do they take?
2. Analyzing users and tasks: How to capture user personas; How many personas should you capture? How are tasks observed best?
3. Set up and Conducting interviews: How to get users; What to avoid and what to do when you interview a user; How to conduct a reconnaissance of a social space; Detecting user emotions and desires.
4. Developing personas: How to create personas; The value and utility of personas; Avoid junk or unbelievable personas.
5. Creating user journey maps: What are they? How to make the best use of a journey; How to visualize and represent the journey.
6. Avoiding 8 common UX Research Mistakes that every team makes.
6. Aligning MVP decisions with user probabilities of use. Tips for troubleshooting your MVP.
This is an interactive online bootcamp (we can also bring it to your office). It is a primer for our full day User Research Methods course
Request this training now: Book this Bootcamp
What You Get:
- Unlimited Archive Access (recording)
- PDF Notes (PPT)
- Access to Trainer with any questions
By the end of this UX training you will:
- Get beyond requirements gathering and into the social and emotional needs of your users.
- Avoid sloppy user interviewing techniques that lead to bad data gathering.
- Create, use and understand personas- like never before!
- Create user journey maps and use them to socialize your user research with your team.
Frank Spillers, MS (CEO, Founder & CXO)
Frank Spillers is a distinguished speaker, author, and internationally respected Senior UX practitioner and UX Master Trainer. He is a world expert in improving the design and user experience of products, services, and experiences across numerous industries and applications. A recognized leader in the field, Frank has successfully applied 22 years of advanced knowledge of UX and Human-Centered Design methodology in Fortune 500, non-profits, and corporate environments globally.
A recognized subject matter expert by the U.S. Department of Labor, Frank has developed new UX techniques for understanding user needs, assessing user experience, and conducting rapid design prototyping. Recently, he has contributed ground-breaking research on the impact of design and emotion. His current work has been profiled in leading industry publications including The Handbook of Task Analysis for Human-Computer Interaction, MarketingSherpa's Landing Page Handbook, and the book-- The Persona Lifecycle.
Before founding Experience Dynamics in 2001, Frank managed usability consulting for WebCriteria (now IBM Analytics) and worked with students of Dr. Donald Norman (the grandfather of Human-Centered Design) at Intuitive Design, a San Diego-based User-Centered Design consultancy. His current clients include Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Logitech, GE, Hewlett-Packard, KeyBank, Four Seasons, Chase, Target.com, and Whitepages.com. He has trained over 70,000 UX designers globally and continues to teach through his mentoring group: www.uxinnercircle.com
Frank received his Master's in Cognitive Science (MS) from Birmingham University, UK in the user experience of virtual reality with an emphasis on collaborative virtual environments.
Who’s Attending our Training?
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Capital Group Companies
Providence Health System
Research In Motion
State Farm Insurance
State of Michigan
State of New York
We want you to be completely satisfied with our trainings and to be rewarded by each investment you make with us. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 365 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely happy with a training you purchase, you have the privilege of qualifying for a full refund, credit or replacement of the initial amount for a period of 365 days after the date of purchase.