Service Design- orchestrating journeys from blueprints to delivery
Service Design is a Human-Centered Design approach to identifying and fixing inefficiency and disconnects in service or product-service delivery. Service Design helps by a) Identifying broken systems (eg. customer service/product experiences or interfaces; workflow, processes, and procedures; IT/ Operations systems/data; )…and, b) Improving inefficiency, friction, and wasted opportunities to connect employees or systems more deeply with customer needs and experiences across channels equally.
Learning how to use Service Design tools and techniques to improve customer experiences and improve business processes, procedures, and efficiency improvements that make services better.
This full-day course starts with identifying broken journeys and then building service blueprints to the all critical implementation of service innovations or interfaces across all channels and touchpoints.
Who's taken this course? 3,000 students to date.
1. Tackling Service Design
- Managing UX Design and Service Design under one group/ project/ process (roles, jobs, and process precision)
- Making the business case for Service Design
- Business Model Canvas workshop guidance
- Defining and deriving Value: Co-Value and Co-Creation
- Systems Thinking essentials for Service Design projects
- Agile service design and delivery
2. Unpacking the problem space
- Ethnography across channels (virtual Ethnography and in-person)
- Conducting Service Safaris and 3 more Lean Service Design techniques
- Positioning Personas and Journey Maps
- Journey Mapping workshop guidance
- Touchpoints, Moments, and Interactions
3. Service Blueprinting
- Value co-creation in ‘backstage’ (backend) systems
- Mapping your Ecosystem
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Building the Service Blueprint: workshop guidance
4. Prototyping and Testing your Service Experience
- Representing services: Blueprint to prototype
- Prototype skills for service design situations
- Intangible services and service artifact
5. Service Deployment and Measurement
- Service implementation: basics to advanced problem-solving
- Service delivery team role and tasks
- Measuring service success
- Creating a Service transformation culture
Frank Spillers, MS (CEO, Founder & CXO)
Frank Spillers is a distinguished speaker, author and internationally respected Senior UX practitioner and UX Master Trainer. He is a world expert in improving the design and user experience of enterprise sites, web applications, desktop, VR/AR and mobile apps. Frank has successfully applied 20 years of advanced knowledge of Usability Engineering skills and Human-Centered Design methodology in Fortune 500 and corporate environments globally.
A recognized subject matter expert by the U.S. Department of Labor, he has developed new usability techniques for understanding user needs, assessing user experience, and conducting rapid design prototyping. Recently, he has contributed ground-breaking research on the impact of design and emotion. His current work has been profiled in leading industry publications including The Handbook of Task Analysis for Human-Computer Interaction, MarketingSherpa's Landing Page Handbook, and the book-- The Persona Lifecycle.
Before founding Experience Dynamics in 2001, Frank managed usability consulting for WebCriteria (now IBM Analytics) and worked with students of Dr. Donald Norman (the grandfather of Human-Centered Design) at Intuitive Design, a San Diego based User-Centered Design consultancy. His current clients include Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Logitech, GE, Hewlett-Packard, KeyBank, Four Seasons, Chase, Target.com, and Whitepages.com. He has trained over 70,000 UX designers globally and continues to teach through his mentoring group: www.uxinnercircle.com
Frank received his Master's in Cognitive Science (MS) from Birmingham University, UK in the user experience of virtual reality with an emphasis on collaborative virtual environments.
Who’s Attending our Training?
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Capital Group Companies
Providence Health System
Research In Motion
State Farm Insurance
State of Michigan
State of New York
We want you to be completely satisfied with our trainings and to be rewarded by each investment you make with us. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 365 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely happy with a training you purchase, you have the privilege of qualifying for a full refund, credit or replacement of the initial amount for a period of 365 days after the date of purchase.