Mobile UX Design- Interaction Design for Mobile
Mobile UX Design- Interaction Design for Mobile
UX Design has revolutionized user adoption of mobile. Mobile has become a more convenient way for many users to access certain information or manage their lives. There are probably more examples of great visual mobile design than Desktop or Websites or Web applications. But not all mobile sites and apps resonate with users. Users uninstall apps in the blink of an eye, and leave mobile sites, in many cases to continue on the Desktop. Today, UX design for mobile faces challenges for user attention, relevancy of content and functionality, and accuracy of desirable features and flow.
Mobile's recent past builds on these tension points and design challenges:
- 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing with 40% choosing to visit a competitor’s site instead (Google Consumer Barometer 2015).
- Multi-platform (phone + tablet + Desktop) use runs as high as 85% of users (Comscore 2015).
- Loosing 80% of Android users is "normal" (Quettra 2015).
- Conversion rates on smartphones can be as low as 1%, compared to 4% on desktop or 3% on tablet (Monetate 2016).
- 20% of mobile searches are now voice queries (Google 2016).
- Average mobile app retention rate was 20% after 90 days (80% stop using) (Localytics 2016).
In this class we will learn the latest in Mobile UX Design. Mobile UX Design training gives you tools to leverage Experience Dynamics award-winning UX agency experience (Clutch 2016) as you design for your users who only comprehend half of what they read on a mobile device (Singh 2011), which means that content, navigation, and visual design elements must be twice as intuitive as they are on a desktop. Creating a relevant user experience for your business or consumer audience is critical. Understanding user behavior on mobile, and your limits and opportunities for mobile user expererience, is also critically covered in this class.
This class, updated for 2017 will give you laser-guided insight into what User Centered Design looks like for mobile, with an aim to help you grasp the building blocks of mobile adoption and retention. We will help you create compelling, differentiated and desirable user experiences for mobile.
In depth, 8 hour Mobile UX training on Designing Mobile User Interfaces (option for 3 days, see below)...
Attend online, or on-site.
In this seminar, we will cover:
- Keys to crafting a differentiated mobile UX Strategy
- Task‐oriented design techniques for mobile
- Consumer versus Productivity oriented apps and sites
- 10 Material Design Guidelines for Mobile (including implications of Material for iOS)
- The Responsive Design checklist
- Progressive Web Apps vs Native vs HTML 5 app UX issues
- Learning from Android and iOS UX mobile patterns
- Designing for Users (persona centric mobile design)
- Key Mobile UX interaction patterns for Gesture and Speech
- 5 keys to Approaching Visual Design for Mobile
- Choosing UI sequences and progressive disclosure for mobile
- 10 Social UX and social features for mobile (Strategy and Tactics)
- 3 Important Mobile Navigation considerations
- Push Notifications, In-app messaging, Individualized interactions
- How to design for context-sensitivity (Mobile and Internet of Things)
- Conducting rapid User testing for your mobile app or site
- Assessing Context, Error, Intuitiveness in your app design (FREE Scorecard)
- Managing the Mobile UX lifecycle
Course attendees receive a free INFOGRAPHIC: Mobile UX Design- the secrets to good mobile UX
Format: 8 hours over 1 day.
Business Opportunity: Request the 3 day version to include a Design Studio (prototyping session) with your live project, including user testing; and A/B Testing for mobile... ($2500 per person, minimum 7 people)
Pay by Purchase Order? Email us to Pay by PO
What You Get:
- Unlimited Archive Access
- PDF Notes (PPT)
- Access to Trainer with any questions
Frank Spillers, MS (CEO, Founder & CXO)
Frank Spillers is a distinguished speaker, author, and internationally respected Senior UX practitioner and UX Master Trainer. He is a world expert in improving the design and user experience of products, services, and experiences across numerous industries and applications. A recognized leader in the field, Frank has successfully applied 22 years of advanced knowledge of UX and Human-Centered Design methodology in Fortune 500, non-profits, and corporate environments globally.
A recognized subject matter expert by the U.S. Department of Labor, Frank has developed new UX techniques for understanding user needs, assessing user experience, and conducting rapid design prototyping. Recently, he has contributed ground-breaking research on the impact of design and emotion. His current work has been profiled in leading industry publications including The Handbook of Task Analysis for Human-Computer Interaction, MarketingSherpa's Landing Page Handbook, and the book-- The Persona Lifecycle.
Before founding Experience Dynamics in 2001, Frank managed usability consulting for WebCriteria (now IBM Analytics) and worked with students of Dr. Donald Norman (the grandfather of Human-Centered Design) at Intuitive Design, a San Diego-based User-Centered Design consultancy. His current clients include Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Logitech, GE, Hewlett-Packard, KeyBank, Four Seasons, Chase, Target.com, and Whitepages.com. He has trained over 70,000 UX designers globally and continues to teach through his mentoring group: www.uxinnercircle.com
Frank received his Master's in Cognitive Science (MS) from Birmingham University, UK in the user experience of virtual reality with an emphasis on collaborative virtual environments.
Who’s Attending our Training?
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Capital Group Companies
Providence Health System
Research In Motion
State Farm Insurance
State of Michigan
State of New York
We want you to be completely satisfied with our trainings and to be rewarded by each investment you make with us. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 365 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely happy with a training you purchase, you have the privilege of qualifying for a full refund, credit or replacement of the initial amount for a period of 365 days after the date of purchase.