Summary: Prototyping is a valuable sketching process involved in generating UX/UI. It saves you time, saves you confusion and helps you visualize quickly and cheaply. Here are 50 reasons why prototyping is critical to do. These benefits point to the need to develop a company culture of prototyping.
1. Prototyping saves you meeting time: Without visual sketching, UI's are discussed ad-nauseum without a "shared picture", you end up talking about a UI instead of ideating a new solution.
2. Sketching is easier to socialize. Quick sketches, no matter how crude, are great ways to quickly commuinicate.
3. Prototypes help imagine new solutions.
4. Ideas are easier to scrap, change or re-consider with "low effort" prototypes.
5. Prototypes help you plan.
6. Prototypes help you test your design ideas with users.