Accessibility evaluation and testing
In our experience, Bobby testing (accessibility testing software) or designing around accessibility guidelines you find on the Web is NOT enough. Good accessibility efforts include adhering to browser coding best practices AND testing with disabled users.
- Checks the Accessibility of your current website or software.
- Review of adherence to ADA, Section 508 compliance and W3C guidelines and recommendations (prioritized based on level of severity).
- Review of Experience Dynamics in-house accessibility guidelines based on global academic accessibility research.
- Code audit per Accessibility guidelines and known best practices in applying Section 508/ W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- Review of Accessibility with JAWS (Screen reader).
- Conduct accessibility testing with disabled users. See below.
- Provide low vision, colorblind and research-based accessibility improvement design tips.
- We test your website (similar to a usability test) with disabled users (blind, low vision, cognitive, physical).
- Home or work visits (to capture native browser, access technology and computer set up).
- Review of the actual accessibility of your website or software.
- Validation of accessibility optimization efforts. Test your work!
- Design and code recommendations.
- Accessibility guidelines for your design assets and style guide available on request.
- Train your organization in Accessibility best practices.
- Get the latest accessibility tips and tricks based on practical and proven guidelines. We have found that many accessibility guidelines available on the Internet are misleading or incorrect!
- Learn practical accessibility testing and evaluation techniques.
- Online training or in-house training available
About Experience Dynamics
Experience Dynamics is a usability consulting firm providing global design research services. The company's User-Centered Design methodology and usability consulting services are used by Fortune 500 companies in enterprise, institutional and consumer facing products, software and Web environments. Since 2001, Experience Dynamics has delivered professional usability consulting solutions including usability testing, ethnographic user studies, usability reviews, usability surveys, usability training and user interface design services. In addition, the company hosts a community-based free online usability review service at www.PortlandUsability.com and rents and sells portable usability testing labs at www.UsabilityLabRental.com.
Clients benefiting from Experience Dynamics usability consulting services include Logitech, Intel, Verizon, Target, Wells Fargo, IBM, Key Bank, Hewlett-Packard, WhitePages.com, Land Rover, Providence Health System, Washington Mutual, Garage Games, Four Seasons, Microsoft and more.
Read company founder Frank Spillers, MS blog 'Demystifying Usability': www.demystifyingusability.com.